• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AERender Error -1701

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm getting an error that I can't seem to find any info on.

Specifially, when running aerender int he terminal, i'll get this:

aerender ERROR -1701: AEGetParamPt failed at line 918

The only clue I've come across is somethign to do with Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit, which is deprecated and no longer even downloadable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

_

G

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hi all,

UPDATE: The After Effects team has put a fix for the aerender bug in the latest After Effects Beta, version 22.0.0 (Build 87).

Rameez_Khan_0-1631208961082.png

Please note that the fix is applicable to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Big Sur only. It would be great if you can test the bug-fix and let us know if aerender works for you. Due to the complexity of the bug, you might run into issues here and there. If you do, please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience on this. 🙏🏻

Best,

Rameez

After Effects Commun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I'm not the only one with the issue. Someone has reported the same bug here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/43509876-aerender-fails-on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple broke something with their recent Catalina and Big Sur uppdates. Maybe this can be used to back up?

Another thing to try: check to see if aerender has asked permission to do anything in the Privacy tab in System Preferences > Security & Privacy. If so, enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fnordware I suspect as much from the link I posted...

Not sure what you mean by "used to backup" you mean restore from backup? If so, not an option for me, but thank you for the suggestion.

Thought about privacy / permissions, as well, and all permissions are enabled on my system, but i still get the error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recent security update to Mojave has done the same thing: macOS Mojave Security Update 2021-004.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1217), and now getting the same error when launching aerender via the Terminal:

aerender version 18.2x37
PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...

Privacy settings for Terminal automation has After Effects checked. Also attempted to give full disk access to aerender, Adobe After Effects Render Engine.app, and Adobe After Effects 2021.app, but error persists.

Attempted to install Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit (ESTK 3.5) (downlaoded from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet/scripting/estk.html) but got an error stating that the disk image is not recognized..

Is there a fix? Or a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No workarounds that I am aware of. All we can do is sit and wait. And render through the Render Queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…Unless you can backpedal your OS. In a production environment, you should be able to wipe your machines at a moment's notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but in what world is backpedaling the OS a viable option? In a production environment or otherwise, that is never a viable option, please stop suggesting that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a bunch of machines, some of them will sooner or later develop various issues and the only guaranteed way to get things working again is to be able to wipe them clean with a fresh OS and re-install everything from scratch.

It's also helpful to have an image of a known working system with various softwares installed and configurations set so you can get back to a known working state more quickly.

Finally, as this thread makes clear, you should not let machines update themselves. When there's an update, run it on one machine and test before updating the others. Even then you may miss something and still need the ability to bounce back to a working state.

Our studio completely relies on aerender and we would be in a bad state if all our machines had updated themselves and broken it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to update that if you can get your hands on an older "stand-alone" installer of either Catalina or Big Sur, it effectively rolls-back the security update that caused the issue.

I know they're tough to get after the fact, but it's always a good idea to keep an early installer image for each MacOS that you work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, good to keep those saved somewhere. You can also boot your Mac into recovery mode to install whichever OS came with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. Curiously it is only on 1 out of 3 machines, all of which are on Big Sur & the same builds of Ae (17.0.4) Ae & Terminal have Full Disk Access on all three. 

I tried with the newest builds of Ae 2020 & 2021, no dice there either. I've found a bunch of other posts with this problem but no solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd guess the Mac that works hasn't updated itself to 11.4 yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 😞

Catalina 10.15.7

AE 2020

If it's an OS issue, how do we know whether Apple are working on it?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know anything with Apple??

You'll just have to take my word for it that Adobe knows and they are working on it with Apple. Of course, that gives us absolutely no idea when a fix might be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Fingers crossed then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. MacOS 11.4. BGRender and RenderGarden refuse to work.

18.2.1x8 / 11.4

Aerender ERROR -1701: AEGetParamPt failed at line 918

Destroyed my workflow overnight.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here using Render Garden, MacOS Big Sur 11.4 and the latest update stopped with the same error. I reached out to Mekajiki Support who led me here. Sad that Adobe can't get multi-thread to work, adn now we can't even use a third party plug-in to get our monies worth.

SMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Yeah Adobe? Whats the deal? Why are you moving backwards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the exact same issue on my end with CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, seems to affect all AE versions. Seems unlikely Adobe will update the older ones. Or maybe the fix will come from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope we'll get a fix soon, security patches within the same point release OS version should not break software, and as Adobe costumers we need functionality support with at least a little backward compatibility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - it seems this issue is still persistent in version 18.2.1

Attempting to initiate a background render with the renderGarden plugin resutls in the following:

RENDERING
2021-06-10 09:59:09.079822

command:
"/Applications/Adobe After Effects 2021/aerender" -project "/Applications/RenderGarden/SEEDBank/1_Untitled_Project/01_Scott_Rissmiller/./_source/Untitled_Project.aep" -rqindex 1 -output "/Applications/RenderGarden/SEEDBank/1_Untitled_Project/01_Scott_Rissmiller/./_segments/seed02_Scott_Rissmiller.mov" -s 26550 -e 53098 -v ERRORS_AND_PROGRESS

aerender version 18.2.1x8
PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...
Output file not found: /Applications/RenderGarden/SEEDBank/1_Untitled_Project/01_Scott_Rissmiller/./_segments/seed02_Scott_Rissmiller.mov

Error code returned: 1

RENDER FAILED
2021-06-10 09:59:24.098941

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're working with Apple on this.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines