Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AERender - ERROR An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hoping someone can help me

Have a brand new machine, trying to run aerender.exe and its crashing. The adobe suport team took a took but as rendering is working fine in the UI they said aerender is not in scope for support

The render works fine on another machine

Here is what I'm running and the error

aerender.exe -project "C:\AETest\blah.aep" -comp "K1 Kenshi MASTER OUTPUT" -s 60 -e 69 -output "C:\AETest\Output" -v ERRORS_AND_PROGRESS -close DO_NOT_SAVE_CHANGES -sound OFF

aerender version 22.6x64
PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...
aerender ERROR An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
: Unable to receive at line 463

Removing all 3rd party plugins gives the same result. OS is latest Win 10, dual xeon, 384gb ram, nvidia T1000

I don't know if the dump can just be read in WinDBG without anything further but it looks like some sort of access violation, here is a snippet

ExceptionAddress: 000000000b231339 (PIN!PIN_SetSequenceFPS+0x0000000000000a69)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000000000
Attempt to read from address 0000000000000000

PROCESS_NAME: ASLFoundation.dll

READ_ADDRESS: 0000000000000000

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: c0000005

Anyone able to help me work out what is going on? Thanks 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Problem resolved - reset bios to defaults and now working fine. I suspect it was something to do with numa which was likely configured on this machine from its previous life

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by checking the event viewer for more specific info, not just the crash itself, but also any possible events surrounding it - crashes, security viaolations, other programs. On a hunch I'd say that this is some crash where a driver is not initalizing from the command line or it doesn't cope with your massive amount of memory due to some legacy compatibility thing. At least for the latter you could truncate the memory in the command window settings and playing around with compatibility modes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem resolved - reset bios to defaults and now working fine. I suspect it was something to do with numa which was likely configured on this machine from its previous life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines