• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effect black screen when i import clips and the audio slow down pitch what can i do ++

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is after effect 23.1

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400F 2.50 GHz

Windows 11 Home

nvidia geforce rtx 3050 OEM

16 gb ram

pc name: Lenovo Legion T5 i5-12/16/512/3050 stasjonær gaming-PC

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A black screen and the error mentioning your GPU make it seem likely that's where the problem is coming from. What drivers are you running for your 3050 and what happens when you update to the latest Studio driver from last week? I was also having issues with a black screen and poor performance with my dual GTX 1080s and the Studio driver from January 23rd fixed them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My NVIDIA Studio-Driver version: 528:24

release date: 01/23/2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the problem start after you updated your drivers then? If so, you can try rolling back to the previous Studio driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this right here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i mean is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually even easier than that. You can go to the Nvidia driver download site (US site is here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/) and try installing a previous version. Sometimes if the GPU drivers are the problem, going back one version might not help. I've spent a decent amount of time reinstalling previous versions until I found one that didn't cause a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version work for you on studio driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now reinstalling back and back and nothing happpen i have the blackscreen still

My NVIDIA Studio-Driver version now: 526.98

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Studio driver from Jan. 23rd is working for me. When did this problem start happening, after you updated to AE 23.1 or was it happening before? You could try rolling back to 23.0 from the Creative Cloud app, to see if the problem was introduced recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that I should downgrade from 23.1 to 23.0? In creative cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effect 23.1 to 23.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I was suggesting, but only if the problem started after you updated to 23.1. 
Did this issue start happening after you updated AE, or maybe after a Windows update? You haven't provided a lot of information so it's hard to troubleshoot. 

You can also temporarily try disabling the option called "Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, And Footage Panels." in 

Edit > Preferences > Display. Ideally, you want this preference on, but you can test what happens when it's turned off. 

Does this problem happen with every project and with all footage or just this one project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This PC is fairly new. I downloaded the latest version in After effect in December 27, 2022
and yeah i have turned on and of on Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, And Footage Panels
and this happens to every project I make

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the format of your footage? Are you using a highly compressed format like H.264 or an intermediate format like ProRes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use H.264 700:1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded after effects in december 27.12 2022. I'll got the 23.1 version then. The first problem started with a black screen and now the video is frozen. I can not play the video. When I try to move the timeline the clip does not play. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did a project that had several H.264 clips and had a number of issues with them, including green frames and lots of playback glitches. I ended up converting to ProRes LT (since the original videos weren't the highest quality to being with) and playback performance and my other issues went away. Right now, that's the only other thing I can think to suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can i converter h.284 to prores LT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i meant h.264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can drag your videos (as many as you want) into Adobe Media Encoder and choose "QuickTime" as the format, then pick "ProRes 422 LT" as the preset. It will look like this.

davidarbor_0-1675366224767.png

Also, for future note, you can edit a post to fix typos, you don't have to make a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickTime don't work only hear the audio? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a full screenshot of your Export Settings window after you click on the blue ProRes text? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the blue ProRes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my screenshot above, when you choose ProRes as a preset, that preset name is blue and you can click it. This will bring up a larger window with more advanced settings and a preview of your video. Near the top-right if the window there will be two checkboxes—one for video and one for audio. Are they both checked? Also, are you able to see any video frames if you move the time needle/playhead in the preview section on the left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines