Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effect freeze initializing media core

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The after effect freeze and stops.
When I run a program, the Initializing Media core appears, and then the program stops.
I've reinstalled it, but it doesn't work.
All the other programs are running.
Please help me.

I use 2021 version.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! 

Sorry to hear that. It could be related to plugins. To isolate the issue, could you try moving your plugins and paste them on the desktop? Here's a location: 

Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
macOS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

캡처.PNG

I positioned the file as shown in the picture. However, it is not solved. The program still stops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you showing that you just moved all your plug-ins into the folder called "(Media Core plug-ins)"? If so, that won't make a difference. They're still deteced and will still load. You need to move them completely outside of the MediaCore folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

캡처.PNG

I moved the "(Media Core plug-ins)" folder to another disk. But it has not been resolved. Still, the program stops like a picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reinstall the previous version of AE, what happens? That MediaCore folder is shared by multiple version of After Effects so if the previous version launches with no issue, then perhaps there's a different issue going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded version 17.7 but it doesn't work. I want to download the previous version, but I can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to a version before 17.7 isn't possible via the Creative Cloud app anymore, but even so, I don't think that would solve your problem as the Media Core folder is shared among many versions of After Effects.

The issue could be permission-based. Try following the instructions for your OS in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed the instructions but not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case I would try creating a new user account, installing After Effects there, and seeing what happens. If it launches in the new user account then there's something wrong in your current one, but if the same problem occurs then there's a system issue going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

제가 이것저것 시도해봤는데 크리에이티브 클라우드 로그아웃 하시고

애프터이펙트 실행 시켜보세요

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines