Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AFTER EFFECT FREEZES ON START UP

New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community 

My After Effect 2023 started freezing when starting up. It starts freezing when it comes to "Cleaning Up Smart Mask Interpolation"

This issue came very suddenly and I can't seem to find a fix at all. I've been trying to find a solution all day without any luck. Tried uninstalling and re-installing After Effect and I also tried installing different versions. I also tried deleting preferences using CTRL+ALT+SHIFT without any luck.  

I am running on Windows 11 and this problem just happened out of the blue. My graphics card is NVDIA GeForce GTX 3060 which is completely up to date and my OS is also completely up to date - I really don't know what to do...

Smart Mask Interpolation error.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi HARRISONHEAT,

Welcome to the community, and we're sorry to hear about the crash.

Do you have any third-party plug-ins installed? Can you please check the GPU driver installed on your computer and update it if it's not the latest version?

Keep us posted on your progress, and we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines