• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect freezes when working with Cinema 4d

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating any Cinema 4d lite project out of Premiere Pro and After Effects via dynamic link freezes AE when trying to close it, as I outlined in this thread.

Even when using AE and C4D only, AE freezes upon closing. In both cases, I can always close the AE project window, but AE freezes when trying to close the AE program window. I have to shut AE down via task manager.

It all worked flawlessly until PP/AE V23 and Cinema 4d lite R25. Since the AE update that included Cinema 4d 2023.1.1, AE freezes upon closing.

I am desperately trying to find a solution as I need this for my professional work. Adobe already tried twice to help via remote support but could not find the cause of this problem. Maxxon thinks it is an Adobe but and does not want to help.

Therefore, I am hoping someone from this community has a brilliant idea.

What I tried so far:

Multiple new installations of all programs, including removal of old versions and not migrating old settings.

Delete AE cache.

Uninstall plugins (none have been installed by the time the problem started).

Tried different recommended studio drivers for the graphic card, including the latest one.

Disable GPU acceleration in AE.

Remove the “&” from drive names.

Plus the standard routines Adobe support does when trying to remotely fix such issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

System info:

Windows 11, Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor

MSI GeForce RTX 3090 VENTUS

HyperX Fury 4 x 32 GB 3600 MHz DDR4-Ram

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Hello there!

We're currently investigating and believe we may have tracked down the cause. Just to be clear, while you do have to use Task Manager to end After Effects there is no data loss or crash while working, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

We're currently investigating and believe we may have tracked down the cause. Just to be clear, while you do have to use Task Manager to end After Effects there is no data loss or crash while working, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Thanks for reaching out.

Correct, there is no data loss or crash while working, just the link of the AE comp in PP is broken.

I can still open AE afterwords and open/work on the C4D file. But the AE comp link in PP is broken for good after having closed AE via task manager.

Trying to re-link the AE comp in PP fails too. I can select the AE comp, but after that it just shows the progress bar trying to load forever with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Did you have any success in solving this?
Thanks for an update, I am desperately waiting for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Here is something else that might help you guys to track down the problem:

When I do a clean new Adobe PP, AE and C4D install, it works exactly ONE TIME as advertised (Open PP, create a dynamic linked AE Project, create a new C4D project, create an object in there, safe all 3 and then close in reverse order).

But after the second time I open PP, AE and C4D, AE freezes upon closing.

Additionally, I tried a clean new Windows 11 install on my editing PC, since about 3 Adobe Technicians tried to get this to work via remote and changed a lot of things. Also, I wanted to get rid of the clutter of earlier versions. This did not help at all, still the same problem.

I tested this on two machines, my AMD Ryzen based editing PC and on an Intel based laptop. Both machines show exactly the same behaviour, works like a charm the first time and then AE freezes the second time.

This did work before 23.0 and with the older C4D lite, please get it to work again, there are many people out there depending on it and some did already jumped ship to Davinci/Blender, which cannot be in your interest.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you still having the issue? Let us know.

I am moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines