• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effect keeps crashing

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My after effect keeps crashing after 2-3 minutes of editing. I kept getting these warnings, like in the photo. I deleted a lot of files + other programs that took up space, and I cleared the disk cache and lowered the maximum disk cache size. The warnings disappeared , but my after effect still keeps crashing. The screen freezes and I have to close the program every time. 1633185_AE Disk Cache Warning.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When After effects crash what is the amount of space it shows in your system. Any particular video/image/effect you using in AE after which it crash?.

I would recommend you to try resetting After Effects Preferences as follow - 

To reset preferences, follow this step:

• Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching after effects. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for the answer. 

No, it crashes no matter what effects, videos and images I use. 

I tried to reset preferences, but it is still crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lea-Louise21763268i8tt,

Could you let us know how much space have you allotted to the Disk Cache? Also let us know your system specifications (OS, CPU, GPU, RAM) and the version of After Effects you are using. Is the crash project specific or does it happen in every project? Is there any pattern to the crash or is it completely random? Have you tried resetting your preferences?

Regards,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for answering.

My maximum Disk Cache size is 23 GB, if that's what you mean.

I am using the newest version, 22.4.

The crash happens in every project. It crashes every 2 minutes. I just tried resetting my preferences, but ufortunately it didn't work. 

How do I find my system specifications? I'm sorry, I am kind of new to all of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It says I have 16 GB RAM installed, in my settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines