Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effect project Path expression to Premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to be able to quickly change my Essential assets language. In that purpose, I've made an expression that read the content of a file and display it. I've then made a little c++ script that allows me to quickly change that file language.

The  probleme is that I NEED to access my text file via relative Path. What I've done in AE, is that I get the after effect project path

projectPath = thisProject.fullPath;

and then i tweek it a bit to get to the folder I need. This works nicely in AE, but as soon as I export the Essential Graphic and use it une Premiere pro, it is no longer able to get the project path.
Even tho both my Premiere pro and After effect projects are in the same folder, along with the Essential Graphics. 

Do I need to access the project path via another code line ? Or  is there at least any other way to use / get a relative path to my .txt ?

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

It's simply not possible. There are certain limiations to all of this DynamicLink stuff and resolving paths inside the containerized client file or process is one of them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's simply not possible. There are certain limiations to all of this DynamicLink stuff and resolving paths inside the containerized client file or process is one of them.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your answer. One last question, can you use WD10 environnement variables in AE expressions ? I know that the ~Desktop/
one is a thing, but can you use custom ones ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no variables. They're just standard system paths AE will search, anyway.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
Do you know by any chance a path like ~Desktop but for the current disk ?
Like to by path the need of specifying if its the "D:/" or "C:/" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines