Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect randomly stops working

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

When using After Effect, everything goes fine for a few minutes but then the After Effect process freezes and uses 0 percent of my CPU.

T5FD8_0-1624640764874.png

Curiously, the process still responds/does not get in the "Does not responds" state but i cannot click anywhere.

This problem happens in all of the suite softwares (photoshop, after effect, illustrator...).

Thank you for your help and have a great day.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Hello, this is a problem that could be due more to a problem with your windows than with AFTER EFFECTS. Maybe also your video card drivers are not up to date and that generates the sudden closing of the program by demanding more resources than the card is giving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for your answer, all of the primary components (CPU, GPU, RAM) are not at 100% usage when the software is freezing, and my drivers looks up to date, it most likely is an issue from my window but i cannot manage to understand what is causing this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi T.5FD8,

We've got your back.

Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? This issue could be related to permissions. Could you try changing them? Here's how: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines