• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 15.1.1 crashes when opening or saving a project on Windows 10 Enterprise

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a serious issue with After Effects 15.1. and 15.1.1. on Windows 10 Enterprise (build 16299.371).

After Effects launches as expected, but crashes everytime I try to open an existing project. AE allows me to create a new project, but crash occurs as soon as I try to save it.

In both cases application shows a pop-up that says "After Effects can't continue: AEGP Internal plug-in generated an unexpected exception".

I don't have any 3rd party plug-ins or extensions installed at the moment and I've already tried all typical problem solving methods, like trashing preferences and fixing permissions with no luck.

Does anyone have been able to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copying my reply from your post to User Voice

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/34273300-bug-after-effects-15-1-1-crashes-when-opening-or

Thank you for filing this bug report.

You stated that you do not have any third party plug-ins, however have you checked the plug-ins folder and removed any non-Adobe files that are there?

We have seen reports similar to what you describe with the most recent update to Extensis Universal Type Client, version 6.1.6, which doe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying my reply from your post to User Voice

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/34273300-bug-after-effects...

Thank you for filing this bug report.

You stated that you do not have any third party plug-ins, however have you checked the plug-ins folder and removed any non-Adobe files that are there?

We have seen reports similar to what you describe with the most recent update to Extensis Universal Type Client, version 6.1.6, which does install a plug-in. Removing the ExtensisFontManagementAECC2018 file from the After Effects plug-ins folder (ex., C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files\Plug-ins\) has resolved this problem. We are in contact with Extensis about this recent update to their software.

If removing that file helps, please post back to let us know.

If that file is not present, please double-check the plug-ins folder, as well as the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore folder, for any third party files, remove them and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

problem was solved by removing ExtensisFontManagementAECC2018 file from the After Effects plug-ins folder. I just wasn't aware that Extensis UTC installs a separated plugin for After Effects by default.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I use the Sapphire plug-in and whenever I load up my file it's says that exact thing but I use Sapphire for some of my transition? What do I do to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever fix this? I'm currently having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue when using Red Giant Spot Clone Tracker. The plug-in works fine, right up until the point when After Effects gives the error message: "After Effects can't continue: Spot Clone Tracker plug-in generated an unexpected exception."

Thank you in advance for any help here

Best,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

were able to solve the problem currently I have the same problem with the same plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines