• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 17.6: Error: "itemH cannot be NULL" when using "New Project" Template File.

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 17.6, AE upon launch started showing an error:
After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {itemH cannot be NULL}
( 5027 :: 77 )
I tracked the problem down and found out that this is only happening when I choose to load a template file via Preferences->New Project. 

My template file is nothing but 5 or 6 empty folders (please see attached). 
First I thought that this is because the template file I always use was created in an older version of AE so I re-built this template using 17.6 but still the error persists. 

If I disable "New Project loads Template" Checkbox in Preferences the problem goes away.

Notes: 
#1. The above does not affect my workflow but it's rather annoying seeing an error every time I open AE. 

#2. After AE is already open File->New->New Project does not produce the error message, so only on AE startup.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this and hopefully avoiding re-setting AE prefs since my workspace is a carefully crafted delicate rainforest adapted tp my muscle memory : )

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this error message (5027::20)  just with textlayers.

i opened a new document and write in a new textlayer to show this problem and made a screenshot attached.

whats wrong here???

Please help me, i cant work at all whit this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error (5027::20) with text layers.

I'm Getting MAD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you are wirkeng on pc, creat a new admin and this message is gone. Therefore you have to make a tone of work to install all Plugins and stuff;) this is a Adobe Support solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi _Justplay_,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you try Roger Fehlbaum's suggestion and let us know if it brings any change?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Admin created, same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same error on text layers, really affects my workflow since i cannot complete any project, new admin does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is a struggle - absolutely killing me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you work with RedGiant Plugins?

1. I deinstalled After Effects

2. I deinstalled all RedGiant/Maxon Plugins

3. I reinstalled After Effects

4. I reinstalled all RedGiant/Maxon Plugins

Now everything works fine. 

Just exporting via mediaEncoder causes an error warning: Universe* Runtime error

(*Universe, the plugin from RedGiant)

but there is a workaraound in an other channel here. now i had to do this and hopefiully everything in export works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found a fix a couple days ago. Yes, actually related to RG but the VFX suite. To fix/get past the error i had to make sure i didn't have any RG:VFX Dashboard from SuperComp open while editing text and it fixed my issue. It is indeed caused by that ( on my end ). As for the Media Encoder issue i recommend just downgrading to 22.0 since the latest has that issue Premiere had. ( it's not yet fixed it seems )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot HoratiuN!

This fixed the problem for me. RedGiant plugins can be a pain sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks HoratiuN. Reinstalling RG/Maxon Plugins didnt helped but closing VFX SuperComp window worked!

You just saved my deadline 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eu fiz o mesmo e resolveu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have to reinstall anything. Just close the VFX Supercomp window (Red Giant). 

Now I can edit my text layers without the error message popping up before every character input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me, it's very frustrating when the solution was that simple all along!

Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just uninstall after effect and reinstall it ....,problem has fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我似乎发现了真正的解决办法。

我发现我在默认工作区下工作时不会出现这个错误,当我使用我的自定义工作区时才会出现这个错误。可以尝试以下方法:

重开AE>>Window>>Workspace>>Eidt Workspaces>>删除当前自定义工作区>>重新自定义工作区。

我认为可能是新版After Effects在使用从旧版AE继承的工作区时,会引发某些问题导致5027:20代码。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found a real solution.

I found that this error did not occur when I was working under the default workspace, but only when I was using my custom workspace. Try the following:

After Effects >>Window>>Workspace>>Eidt Workspaces>> Delete the current custom Workspace>> Redefine the custom Workspace.

I think it's possible that the new Version of After Effects is causing some problems with the 5027:20 code when using the workspace inherited from the previous version of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has been driving me bonkers for a while. 

+1 closing supercomp window saved the day. 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fixed it by loggin in on creative cloud and went to the font tab and disabled all the fonts issues. (they have refresh icon beside them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the solution for me was to close the red giant maxon open tab ...and the error is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines