• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 18.0.1 build 1 not importing mp4s

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently this is a common problem with After Effects. I'm using the demo version. I'd like to purchase a plan for my entire school, but I'm very concerned about whether it works or not. Currently it won't import mp4's into the Windows 10 version. The videos are from an iPhone. The code is AVC according to mediainfo. I have K-Lite plus Haali Media Splitter. Nothing works. I'd like a better option than to convert using Media Converter. Currently there's no option to downgrade. Maybe because I'm on the trial, but I'm certainly not buying anything until this is fixed. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richeer67336825,

Thanks for reaching out.

I am able to import MP4 files without any issue. Do you get any error message when you try to import? Also, are you on macOS or Windows?

Let us know, we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I remember people complaining about not being able to import videos from iphone into Premiere so maybe this is linked? Also, I thought this was already sorted.

Have you tried importing other mp4s from other smartphones or cameras?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines