Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

After Effects 18.1 is now available!

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community!

After Effects 18.1 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This is a bug-fix update and is recommended for all users.

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that could cause After Effects to crash when copying layers using the Linear Color key.
  • Fixed an issue where the right-most column of pixels in a composition preview could display incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a matted layer to be hidden when a GPU-enabled effect was used on a lower layer.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a color shift when converting some Illustrator files to shapes.
  • Fixed an issue where pressing Escape would not revert the original expression after replacing an expression using the pick whip in the Graph Editor.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a pick-whipped expression reference to be inserted at the start of the expression when using the pick whip to replace an expression that is visible in the Graph Editor expression field.
  • Fixed an issue with 3D Scene Navigation that caused spring-loaded C and V keys to not work correctly.
  • Fixed an issue with 3D Scene Navigation that caused Shift+C and Shift+V to not cycle through the camera tool options and gizmo modes respectively.
  • Fixed an issue with 3D Scene Navigation that caused camera tools to not activate when all 3D layers' visibility switches were toggled on/off.

To check out more bug fixes, visit the Fixed Issues page.

How do I update After Effects?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 18.1.png

What should I do if I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, FAQ, Import and export, Performance, Preview, Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?