• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 18.2.1 stuck on Cleaning UP - Tracker Controls on the splash screen Win 10

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest  v.18.2.1 on a Windows 10 system and AE now stalls on the Cleaning Up  - Tracker Controls for about 6 minutes every time I open the app. This happens even if I just close the project without any changes and opening it again - so no new tracker items.

Anyone else got this? Any way of stopping AE trying to "clean up" the tracker controls? 

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sportsmaker,

Sorry for your issue.

Have you tried resetting the preferences of After Effects? Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I can't work out, pressing alt while opening AE does not trash the preferences. Tried to find a workaround with no luck. Up to 12 minutes to open now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a user who knew what he/she was talking about and reset the prefs using Creative Cloud LShift+CTRL+Alt and then opening After Effects. Has it improved the sped of opening - no. Now it spends ages "Cleaning Up" AEDynamicLinkServer. Going to try an older version of the software as  think Rotobrush 2 is causing most of the problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was working fine in After Effects yesterday, and today I cannot get past "Cleaning up" on the splash page. I've been on this for HOURS uninstalling, reinstalling, reverting versions; I've tried resetting the preferences about half-a-dozen times, tried the CTRL SHFT ALT start, tried running as admin. Nothing is working. I've lost most of a work day on this!! What else works????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines