• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 18.2 freezes at start up ADOBE HELP!!!!

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like I am not only one with this problem. After last update 18.2 AF is ussless. Clean installation (adobe cc, gaphic drivers) doesn't help even old versions don't work...  I am devastated because adobe support does not exist...

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info or other technical details we can't even begin to guess. You need to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as here https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-18-2-freezes-at-start-up/td-p/12031414 

and here https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-2020-v18-and-v17-7-does-not-want-to-start...

I would lowe to be more specific but Adobe is not sharing Logrecords with anyone this seems to be big secret, I spend 40 minutes on phone with technical service without connection with anyone just waiting for the technician. Adobe seems like worst software company with monthly subscription... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dziurdzia.D,

Sorry for the crash issue. Please try the following suggestions:

1. Create a new user account and try to launch After Effects in it.
  2. Are you on Windows? If so, try disabling your dedicated GPU from the Device Manager and see if it helps.

If none of the steps work, please share the following details:

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines