• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 18.2 freezes at start up

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update, after effects can no longer be opened, not even with alt/shift pressed.

Complete reinstallation of the entire CC + Cleaner Tool = no improvement.

Graphic drivers all updated. No older version works either.

Since I have at least short AE sequences in all projects, I can't complete a single project = Thanks adobe, why does this have to be like this after every major update?

Premiere works by the way.

Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Georg5C84,

Sorry for your issue.

What exactly happens when you try to launch After Effects? Do you see any error message or crash report? Does it crash on the splash screen or after it launches? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the same as me? Read this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-2020-v18-and-v17-7-does-not-want-to-start...

I have not found a working solution yet, and Adobe "Support" is non-existing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GuruCE,

Sorry for your poor support experience! I'm here to help.

I've posted a response on your thread.

Thanks.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Georg5C84,

Can you try the following steps and let us know if it helps?

1. Disable your anti-virus software temporarily and then launch After Effects.
  2. Which GPU is installed on your computer? If you have a dedicated Nvidia/AMD GPU, please go to Device Manager and expand Display Adapters. If you see both Intel and Nvidia/AMD display adapters, disable the Nvidia/AMD adapter and launch After Effects. Your display resolution might be lower after disabling the Nvidia card but that's just temporary.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU Intel i7-9700 3.6 GHz

GPU NVIDIA QUADROP P1000

2. Your solutions did not work, but it changes, where it freezes (now at "Media Core initialisation")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today After Effects started normally. Did not change anything.This is the same with every update. 1 Week full of problems and then it works. My future solution: Dont update for 14 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's weird!

By any chance, did Windows update automatically?

Sorry for the poor experience using After Effects. If it happens again, we'll be happy to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines