Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

After Effects 2020 freezes while importing PSD as composition

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project and suddenly after effects stop importing PSD files with layers as composition.

This is absurd. In the middle of a project with a tight deadline. Adobe answers, please !!

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020
I started thinking and trying to figure out but myself since Adobe always takes ages to solve any issue. 2 days ago importing PSD files as composition was working. And suddenly it stops working. The only thing I changed was installing Autodesk's import plugin , to import cameras lights and objects into my AE Comps. The workflow worked smoothly.I was able to get the data I needed from Autodesk 3DSmax. But now I know that ruined my PSD import. As soon as  I removed Autodesk .dlls and the plugin fi...

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started thinking and trying to figure out but myself since Adobe always takes ages to solve any issue. 2 days ago importing PSD files as composition was working. And suddenly it stops working. The only thing I changed was installing Autodesk's import plugin , to import cameras lights and objects into my AE Comps. The workflow worked smoothly.I was able to get the data I needed from Autodesk 3DSmax. But now I know that ruined my PSD import. As soon as  I removed Autodesk .dlls and the plugin file from the supportfiles/plugins AE folder, all the importing of PSDs started working again.I don't know why, but that was my problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! I'd never have figured that by myself

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting what worked for you! This will likely help other people with the same issue. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines