• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 play preview problem

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just updated to Ae CC 2020 from the 2019 version and now there is a problem when I try to preview my work.It shows like this instead of showing properly where it should.It shows like this instead of showing properly where it should.A small window below the actually screen where it should be playingA small window below the actually screen where it should be playing

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue and tried the suggestion in the comments but it didn't help. I also have this warning on the screen on the composition window. Not sure if it's related: "Display Acceleration Disabled"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I turned of GPU acceleration and seems ok. But never had a problem before update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, with GPU turned on, it seems to work OK in fast preview mode but when final preview mode is on, it studders during playback. Turn off GPU acceleration and seems to be ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... so very difficult to do proper work on this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error when using roto brush...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I have same issue with AE 2020. ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything, but no luck so far. I just set the previous version to download before I left for work this morning so I'm really hoping that fixes it. It's extremely frustrating because it makes it virtually impossible to do anything properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I reverted to the previous version and it works totally fine again, in case anyone else is having this issue still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few users have recently reported solving GPU issues by enabling the Ruler in the Composition Panel. Can you take a look to see if this resolves your issue?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Please delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Adobe After Effects issue. You have provided details and a screen grab of Adobe PremierePro.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

2,3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

1TB SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. were you able to solve the problem? I remain attentive, thanks in advance I have the same computer as yours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here on my 2 imac mid2011, working fine on my pc with windows10 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've updated to AE 2020. Ram preview isn't wokring. It kind of works in fullscreeen mode. Works fine in previous versions. Please advise.

System Specs:

Macbook Pro 15" Mid-2010 

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Storage : 512 GB SSD

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

Static frame in centre with cropped preview on the bottom right.Static frame in centre with cropped preview on the bottom right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I have the same problem. I had it with CC2019 and updated to 2020 in the hope that would resolve the issue but I think it's even worse. I can only use AE for about 5mins before the composition preview window stops working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Is Adobe doing anything at all? Has anyone gotten them to acknowledge a problem? There are 5 pages of people complaining about this. Is the only answer to downgrade to a version that won't work with the new Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW I FIXED IT.  This is an Adobe Disaster!  My Preview also failed as pictured above. None of the following worked : Purging disk cache; Fiddling with graphics cards; Uninstall 2019-install 2020 v17 gives preview ghost image as shown above.  So uninstall 2020 and REinstall 2019 v16.1.3 using Adobe "other version" option and 2019 now crashes on boot up. Lots of restarts, no effect.  I found nothing in Preferences that worked.  Adobe offers no previous versions.  

I have faithful Macbook Pro late2011, 2.2Ghz Intel i7, 16GB DDR3 ram SSD 500GB, AMD Radeon 6750M 512MB, plus Intel graphics 3000 512MB.   Im using MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6.  I'm lucky to have a 3 TB back-up disk with most versions of AE going back to 15.1.2 so I picked V.16.1.1.  After uninstalling and cleaning out both 2019 and 2020 from my SSD applications folder, doing restart, I then simply copied the complete AE 2019 v 16.1.1 files from back-up to SSD.  This was NOT an Adobe Installation procedure, just copy/paste and  I expected failure.  BUT YES it worked and even Duik Bassel worked.  If you have a version of AE 16.1.1 backed up somewhere (issued about 26 April 2019) try what I did.  Looks like Adobe might have to do some reverse engineering to go back to the stability of 16.1.1.  Meantime I will avoid all AE updates till I hear the problem has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

How can this problem be solved Adobe please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for your patience. Adobe After Effects has released a patch update which provide a fix for the duplicate preview issues. For more information, please check https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get many problems after the update from december,  A simple 20-second video never ends at least fully reproduced in the timeline (this without even starting to work with any effect)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines