Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2021 (18.2.0) - Hangs since updating macOS to Big Sur

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Not sure whats going here. I was using AFX 2021 for a while now without any issues in macOS Catalina - it was working perfectly. However last week I decided to update the OS to Big Sur and that changed everything...

I'm now plagued by intermittent hangs constantly while doing anything really — if I select a layer; open a menu; pick a colour; change the composition viewer zoom; etc etc. — after effects will become unresponsive anywhere between 1 and 6 seconds. 

I've tried uninstalling, and doing a clean install without any old preferences, extentions, scripts or plug-ins but this didn't help at all, so my only solution was to roll-back to AFX 2020. 

Has anyone else experienced anything similar and if so, were you able to fix it?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should add that all other 2021 Adobe apps I use (PS, Bridge, Illustrator) aren't affected by the same issue so far and the hang is only within After Effects, all other app running and the system is unaffected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines