• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2022 (22.2.1) All Caps Issue

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 22.2.1 build 3 I've got strange problem with "All Caps" feature in Character control.
Some letters are "caps" and some are not, some letters can be made bold after that and some not. No issues like that were present in previous version.

See attached file. If font is anything else that "Regular" "All caps" is tottaly crazy.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's a known issue/ bug. As a start, check the advanced substitution options in the panel flyout menu. Turning off those sometimes fixes things. Otherwise I guess you'll just have to find a different font that has a native all caps/ small caps version and doesn't rely on the font engine picking the characters.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNfortunately using other font is not an option, because of corporate policy

i'm using pretty much "good" font Roboto Condenced anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Blakk76,

Sorry for your issue. Could you help us in reproducing the issue at our end? Please share the following details:

• Does it happen with a particular font or any font you try to use?
  • Are you able to repeat the issue in a new project?
  • A screen recording that shows the problem.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange things happened, I've opened same project on the same computer today and issue went away.

But it was on ANY font and no matter from where I copy/paste it

Also same issue happened in new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what it could be. Ae seems to be working fine at my end.

Feel free to reach out if it happens again. Happy to investigate.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I am having the same problem and it is with multiple fonts. Some fonts are effected with some letters and others with other letters. I am not able to update so I hope this isn't an issue that was fixed and pushed out in a later update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Version 22.1.1 (Build 74) and because of the stupid contract that Adobe made with the US Air Force I will not be able to update this version for a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. ver 24.0.3.  build 2. 
What happens: In some fonts (not all of them) I cannot write all letters in ALL CAPS. When wroting in all caps, some letters display uppercase and some lowercase. No matter if I use Caps Lock to write or if I use the Uppercase option on the character panel. 
Happens only in AE. This issue doesn not occur in Photoshop or Illustrator (so not a font issue). Only AE. 
If e.g. I write text in uppercase (using a font which works) and then try to change to the desired font, half the letters get substituted correctly and half the letters don't at all (resulting in a mixture of different fonts every letter). 
The font I need to use is a OTF. 
Happens in every project (as well as New Project).  

Very frustrated as I need to use particular fonts for a client for a project due tomorrow 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same problem, still nothing to do to resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similarly still have this issue.

To be honest it's a bit of a joke for a professional product.

What can I do?

Version 24.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, but it's not even every instance of the font in the same project - it happens on one instance, but if I duplicate another instance I can then replace the text with what I want, and it's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines