• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2022 crashes on opening in Windows 10 Pro

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled countless times upgraded to Nvidia latest driver. Premiere and Media work fine. 'm seeing this maybe a Windows issue, I also use a Mac and no issues there. Also had problems with Dynamic Link when it was working.

Any help appreciated. 

Any help appreciated.

Best

Pete

Crash log to large to send.

TOPICS
Crash , Dynamic link , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete!

Sorry about the crash. Do you see any error codes or messages? You can upload crash logs here and share the download link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to use the adobe cleaner tools, remove everything use the tools and reinstall everything again

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, I removed all apps through cc-cleaner did a clean reinstall for all apps. They all worked, After Effects worked no probs, I then sent a file through to Media Encoder, it didn't work (no Dynamic Link). Then closed apps, rebooted and After Effects wiuld not work at all. I've got the latest Nvidia Driver (should be nom issues there) the card is a Nvidia RTX A4000. I've been switching from Mac (home) to Windows (work) and had no prblems with Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Thanks for getting back.

What happens when you try to launch After Effects? Do you see the splash screen? Does it crash post the splash screen? If not, what's the last loading module (refer to the screenshot)? Also, please share the crash report. It'll help us to get to the root.

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu

Thanks for getting back appreciate it. Yes that where it gets stuck (your screen shot), very rearely does it get past that point. I've attached the most recent screen shot of the point it reaches on start-up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

PeteAE_SCREEN_SHOT_STATUS_PETE_FOLEY.JPG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

The IT team scrubbed the HD and completed a total reinstall of all Adobe apps. They all worked except for After Effects. It's been a total nightmare. I'm doing a work-around by working from home (on a Mac). Could you let me know if Adobe are working on a patch?

Many thnaks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu

Could you see below.

Best

Pete 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete, really sorry for the delay in response.

Please try disabling your GPU using Windows Device Manager and launch After Effects.

Open Device Manager > expand Display adapters > right-click your Nvidia GPU and select Disable Device.

Note: Restarting the computer will enable your GPU.

Let us know if that lets you open After Effects.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu

Thanks for getting back. The problem as been resolved with the new update (so far so good). The dynamic link as been established and I can export to Media Encoder. Hopefully thats it. Many thnaks for your help. Appreciate it.

Best

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu

The problem as rteturned. It worked for a short period then same things happened. Apologies for not getting back sooner, I've been working on my own personal Mac where I've had no issues. I've updated the NVIDIA driver, disabled the GSU  and rebooted etc.

Best

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you also remove the third-party plug-ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines