(83::3)
???????

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message after I updated After Effects.

I haven't investigated further, I hope that Adobe will solve this bug.
But this might be a clue to what's wrong:
When I try to preview my project, the preview stop and starts to flicker exactly when the effect "CC star burst" is applied to one of my graphics.
So the filter might have something to do with the problem. The filter worked fine before upgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this error affect your after effects? so are you able to use AE or No?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error message as OP, it has happened after a fairly intesive task, (rotoscopping or tracking so far). I can no longer preview the comp I am working on. A purge of memory and cache does not fix this, but a restart of AE does. However, the composition that this happened in can no longer be exported to media encoder. Not even after a reboot of the computer. Other conpositions in the project can, but only if the failed media encoder export temp file is removed from the machine.  I have to close AE, the instance of AE is then moved to a background task on my PC, that instance has to be force stopped before the media encoder temp file can be removed.  Duplicating/Renaming the composition (or the project file) or turning off the layer that I was working on also does not enable the composition to be exported. As this has just happened in my main composition I now have an afternoon to redo two days worth of editing, now, which is nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same thing sometimes. Restarting the software helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE OF YOU.

I had a project that had a "falling coins" composition that is just a bunch (100+) of coin illustrations imported from illustrator. They were simply animated to appear and fall down into a pile of coins. This error seemed to appear due to some of those coin illustrator files being corupted so the after effects preview works untill those coins pop into the screen and have to be rendered but the software can't find the illustration inside its container. A simple way for me to check which ones were corupt is play the preview with all the layers turned off with the "eye icon" that turns layer visibility off and as the preview plays I check them on to be visible again. As soon as you check the corrupt illustration on the preview will stop so you can just delete that one and try to make a new one if you need it back in. Then keep going untill you get rid of all the corupted assets and replace them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone is still having this problem, for me to fix it I simply:

-Erased all the comps i had replaced (I made some changes in my original comp and had to re import the files and apply them to the layers panel in my current comp, where the original comp layers used to be located when the file was working) I had made a change and NOT RE COLLECTED THE FILES PROPERLY.

- after you deleate all the bad files in your project panel, and the after effects file will now play without an error message, go fix your containers i.e. go to the base comp hit file, dependencies, collect files and then go re import the comp and this fixed the errors for me. can't have a broken container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines