• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2022 error message: Assertion Failed (Windows)

Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rameez (or other Adobe emp),  I'm getting the Assertion Fails error msg when I try to launch After Effects (which I just installed for the 1st time yesterday - Mar. 14, 2022 [Happy Pi Day!]). I rebooted my Win 10 PC & also tried it again today. But every time I try to launch Ae I get the error msg I'll attach a snip of.

If I click "ignore" the interface opens. But I wasn't sure if by doing that I'm losing some functionality. Am I?

Also, there seem to be a ton of items under the "Effect" tab in Ae. But because I just installed the program yesterday I didn't actively install any of them (except for Boris Mocha - which I installed on my PC last yr). So I presume they're inherent to Ae. Yes?

Thx for any help. I'm a photographer & visual artist. Not a techie. So troubleshooting C++ is way out of my wheelhouse (and definitely above my retiree pay grade...).

Adobe_Ae-AssertionFails_ErrorMsg-March2022.JPG

NOTE: Title has been edited by the moderator

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same exact problem too, Im just clicking ignore. Did you ever figure it out? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Didn't get an answer and didn't figure it out.

I know my processor driver is as up-to-date as it can be. So I know it's not that ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fotomaker01RA , @Minh Chau23603635s0vy!

I branched your posts into a new discussion.

• Are you using After Effects 22.4?
  • Did you get any errors while installing After Effects or any other Adobe app?
  • Can you confirm the exact version number of your OS? [Press Ctrl+R, type “winver” and press Enter]
  • Do you get this error while launching other Adobe apps too?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there seem to be a ton of items under the "Effect" tab in Ae. But because I just installed the program yesterday I didn't actively install any of them (except for Boris Mocha - which I installed on my PC last yr). So I presume they're inherent to Ae. Yes?

That's correct. All to them are native After Effects plugins if you didn't install any third-party plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines