• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2022 - Expressions hang crash

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried new version of After Effects 2022.  Loaded project I was working on, tried to add a simple expression to opacity of a layer, program hung up.  Eventually got controll back but can't edit the expression OR disable it.  Tried reverting back to v18, and now can't do expressions in that version either; resulted in a crash.  Tried uninstall / reinstall with same result.  Tried reset permissions with same result.  What do I need to delete to get expression use back in After Effects at all?

TOPICS
Crash , Expressions , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed there was also an error that crashed the system when I went into preferences 'Scripting & Expressions'.  The  Expressions preview window example wasn't rendereing correctly. I restarted again clearing preferences.  Then closed AE.  Then started AE and purged my cache folders.  Found there was an update for JAVA and installed it.  Restarted AE and now I have controll of Expressions again.  Not sure which of those steps was the fix, but for anyone else who gets stuck maybe it will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be more specific about which "JAVA update" you are talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Specifically updating JAVA on my Windows computer from www.java.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines