• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2022 is unable to open

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! i recently changed to a (kind of) new computer (imac macOS Catalina late 2012) and bought adobe after effects. Until now it worked perfectly but i turned off my computer once and whenever i try to open AE now a message pops up saying: ¨After Effects cant continue: unexpected failure during application startup¨.

Ive tried everything i could and knew to fix it but it still wont work.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem please help, id gladly appriciate it.

Thank you! 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi strayuu,

Sorry for your issue.

Did you make any changes in your computer? For example, installing a new application or a font? Have you tried resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you for replying and sorry fo the late response.

I read through the link you shared and tried the reseting preferences and plug-in cache but this appears when i do so. I havent confirmed it yet since i dont know if itll really delete important stuff like some plugins i have downloaded and i dont want to loose them. 

Will my files be okay if i do this? 

Thank you 

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 16.46.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines