After Effects 2022 Slow

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've tested this for me and my team.

My workflow involves expanding illustrator layers and working with them regularly. I've experienced these problems 

1. Slow load times - After effects takes 5-10s loading the project post launch

2. UI Freezes - If I expand all the layers in the comp, the UI freezes and doesn't recover. 

3. Scrubbing is impossible. Comp durations are small - 5s to 10s. I don't generally preview longer sections of my animations until the end of a project, there I do a ram preview or a low res render. I still can't scrub in my timeline. 

FIXES TRIED SO FAR

1. Deleting AE JUICE. - Helped, somewhat

2. Clean installing graphics driver - Helped a great deal. Made the software usable now. Earlier UI used to freeze and not recover at all. Expanded layers or not.

3. Downgrading AE - Upgraded again since 2019 versions aren't available on Creative cloud

4. Disabling MFR - Had no difference

5. Checking and updating processor drivers - Had no updates to apply. So disregarded this.

6. Cleaning cache and resetting the libraries - Helped somewhat

7. Taking all the optional updates from windows - Used to skip the optional ones until I read up on them. Did not change anything though

SYSTEM SPECS

Windows 10 21H2

Intel i910850K

NVIDIA RTX 3060ti 8GB 

Driver - Studio Driver Version - DCH 512.15

32 GB Ram

1tb - SSD - This is the scratch disk as well as the install disk.

Plugins - Not Generally used, problems exist always though

Red Giant - Form/Universe

Borris FX

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. AE usually runs fine on my PC, similar specs to Kartik5E40.
Files that I could open and RAM preview or scrub through without any delay or issues whatsoever are now stuttering, crawling and frustratingly slow.

Adobe, please sort it out!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines