• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2023 green preview with H.264 files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what the h*** is going on with AE 23? Since I have the latest version I have problem with h264 files. All project files converted to newest verision doesn't read h264 format. Only files what I've created in AE 23 are good. What about my all projects created before?! I removed user preferences, uinstalled and installed few times AE and encoder, and the problem is still there. I wasted a lot of time.

[NOTE: The title of this discussion has been changed by the moderator to include version number]

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

I updated yesterday and it's working for me so far. Will update here if I run into any issues. Thank you everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed via Nvidia driver update version 527.56 and later. We recommend installing the Studio version of the driver.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 172 Replies 172
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Noticed that it happens every time there is an update in A.E /
NVIDIA / WINDOWS - If one of them has not updated I get the green flicking.
I am using window 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So recently began experiencing this problem. Tried all the solutions posted online but none of them work. I was using my work lap top. MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB. Now I have just transferred over the project to my new personal lap top bought a year ago. All the glitches have stopped. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, Im having the same problem, and I have tried all the solutions...
The only thing that works for me is converting the problematic files to png sequence.
I'm use the NVIDIA RTX 4090 with the latest driver update
Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K 3.00 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
Windows 11
Any Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE TEAM this issue not fixed STILL!!!

I have installed latest version Studio and Game driver (ver. 528.24), but didn't help. Tried everything that was suggested here, but still the same.

Windows 11 / AE23.1 / RTX 3060 / i7-1200H / 16GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. RTX 4090, After Effects 2023, Studio driver 528.

And I'm only using After Effects to assemble the video, as After Effects has lagged behind many free video neural tools. Come on Adobe, stability was the only thing that still makes you better... 3 months and no fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I fixed the playback green screen glitch like a week or 2 ago which was a pain. And now its back again!!! This time its the got damn rendered video that has the green screen glitch. I cant fix it! No its not my PC! Yes I updated everything U can think of! Yes im using studio driver! Right when U guys come out with an update everything messed up WTF is going ooonnnnnn. I just wnna edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have just found another solution. 

Go to File, Project Settings, Video Rendering and Effects, and select Mercury Software Only. 

Before all my videos were green, everything else I tried to import was invisible and the effects and presets didnt work.

I had the green video problem with Premiere Pro as well. It's the same fix. After trying everything else I could find to solve the problem in After Effects, I realized I might have to do the same thing I did in Premeire. And thankfully it worked. 

I have'nt seen anyone post this solution for After Effects so here it is.

I have a 2014 MacBook Pro. I was afaid my laptop was just too old.

Luckily I found this fix instead of buying a new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies if this has already been posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH! Worked on my older Macbook Pro as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy Smokes!!!! ...this worked!!!! thank you thank you

In AE ....Go to File, Project Settings, Video Rendering and Effects, and select Mercury Software Only.

I restarted and imported the offending footage into AE again and the green flicker was gone!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same mac laptop model and this hasn't worked for me 😞 

any other solutions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated mac OS as far as you can (there are hacks for unsupported models)

Have you turned off hardware rendering in both IMPORT and DISPLAY preferereces?

If you can have you updated nvidia drivers? (Or are you stuck with mac supported AMD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have updated everything and re-installed and switched off hardcode in both display and import. Nothing works!

I have a MacBook pro laptop so no drivers can be added and shouldn’t really need to either.

Please help!!

Thank you
Sunita Kambo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doubt anyone here can help.

Have you also done it in Premiere

You also have to quit and restart AE for it to take effect.

But in the meantime, transcode them to Pro res,

and if nothing Adobe works you can download Resolve to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have quit and restarted - multiple times and nothing seems to help. 

what do you mean by - transcode them to Pro res???

what is Resolve? Is that another adobe programme?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if h264 files are not working you may have to render all this footage to Pro res instead.

Resolve is not Adobe software.

Neither is Google but both are your friends.

Adobe and Apple will not support machines over 5 years old let alone 9. Can I recommend selling your machine every year and egtting a new one (refurbished from Apple) or get a real computer instead.

Run the latest version of AE, if that doesn't work go back  a version or try the beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version Studio (528.49) and the problem still there. 

Windows 11 / AE23 / RTX 3060 / i7-12700 / 168GB RAM.
The only thing helped - turning acceleration off (prefferences/import)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

слишком много сообщений, чтобы всё прочитать.
Если прямо срочно нужно, берёшь и отключаешь в настройках проекта поддержку видео карты. Работаешь на процессоре. Всё.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit complicated in that you have to turn off hardware acceleration in both preview AND import and then restart after effects. Not sure how you are managing to even use Nvidia on a Mac these days but you have to select studio in the options when searching for drivers. Always install via Custom and clean install every time. You need to update os  drivers and adobe apps all at the same time often. But really just don't even try using h264 in after effects after 2014. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tristan

Thank you for prompt ...I'll double check 'turn off preview and import' then restart
I'll try and find studio driver on my search ...it's not very clear how to custom install on a mac as all I can find is the standard ...'go to the apple top left and doubel check your OS is up to date etc'

mmm ...h.264 may be the problem? I'll try and change this to another mac friendler format?

thank you again
siggo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey, let me know which format works for you please 🙂 

I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has come back with latest drivers and or version. It would be really helpful if the route cause of this could be looked at and I do wonder how it makes it into the STUDIO driver or the NON BETA releases. h264 imports now simply giving errors and not loading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if they fix the issue and release another update. Yes my Mac is a 2014 model but everything else works perfectly! its just after effects and prem pro!

please fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines