• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2024 - Crashes with Spike in GPU each time

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since After Effects 2024 (seems), after some time (3-30 minutes), my computer will freeze up completely.  I am keeping an eye on the CPU, GPU, RAM, and VRAM on screen and every time the freeze occurs, it registers a spike to 100% GPU usage.  It semi-resolves within a minute.  Windows recovers, but whatever Adobe apps are open crash and burn.  It only happens if I am using After Effects though, but it's contagious.  It does not affect other non-Adobe software and if only PS and AI are open without AE, this does not occur.  Not sure how AE can take down only Adobe apps when it crashes?  

Anyhow, I've been living with it, but it's getting really burdonsome.  I am trying to export this short 32 second video and it keeps crashing on me and adding glitches into the footage so I keep having to reload it.  With tech support (Adobe) we tried dropping the GPU driver from Game-ready to Studio, but it didn't do anything.  

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Mark

GPU: RTX 2060 KO Ultra (momentarily taxed)

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x (plenty of headroom)

RAM: 64 GB (plenty free)

CC: all up to date

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preliminary Fix Status :: These things take time to work out but sharing something now in case it can help others... check what you have here...  on Windows 10/11 > Right-click on Desktop > Display Settings > Scale and layout >

I had 150% since I use a 4K TV as a monitor. Since switching it to 100%, seems to be okay. No crashes so far. I wonder if there is some incompatibility with the way in which Windows manages the UI vs. Adobe's handling of it. It is interesting because it's only Adobe apps that were affected by this issue. Might just need to squint a little and keep it at 100% instead of scaling up the Windows universal UI.  I am thinking that I scaled up from 100% to 150% around the same time AE was updated to 2024.  If anything else comes up, I'll post here but I'd check that if you have this same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines