Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 22.4 is now available!

May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 22.4 is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This release is recommended for all users.

What's new?

There is a new preference to separate the Position property dimensions in the Timeline by default. When enabled, the Default Position Properties to Separated Dimensions preference (available in Preferences > General) automatically separates the Position property into X, Y, and Z when a layer is created. 

Separated dimension preference.png

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue where setFontName() would appear in an error message for setFont()
  • Fixed an issue where Motion Graphic Templates that use the Mocha Shape Importer on Apple Silicon hardware would show an unsupported error in Premiere Pro
  • Fixed an issue that caused projects with Lumetri parameters not to be backward- or forward-compatible in After Effects 22.3
  • Fixed an issue that prevented certain .png files from importing properly
  • Fixed an issue that caused prevented workspaces from reverting to saved layouts via Reset Workspace to Saved Layout option
  • Fixed an issue that caused slow playback of video footage when Multi-Frame Rendering was enabled
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in errors when refreshing the contents of the Effects and Presets panel
  • Fixed an issue that caused text animators and highlight/text selection to not work correctly for right-to-left-aligned languages
  • Fixed an issue that resulted in After Effects becoming unresponsive while using the Mocha plugin

How to update After Effects to version 22.4?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top-left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 22.4.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Crash , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I hope AE can increase the infinite zoom in and out, and the mouse wheel can zoom in and out smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mihimaruGT

For enhancements and feature requests, please create a post on UserVoice so that it will be received by the After Effects team directly: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the 3D tracking.

After 3D camera tracking and adding a NULL, the controls are warped and trying to choose a selection of tracking points always has the red circle (selection) sideways. In this instance I only picked 1 tracking point.

I do this all the time, and this is the first time I'm having this kind of result and I just updated today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JamieWoods,

Sorry to hear that the 3D camera tracker isn't working correctly for you. 

• Can you test this behavior in a new project? 
  • Are you on Windows or macOS? 

If all the projects exhibit the same behavior, can you roll back to the previous version and let me know if that is working correctly? 

Here is how you can reinstall the previous version: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-do-i-reinstall-a-previous-version-o... 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated and now my dropdown windows don't correctly.  They open and then when I go to select they disappear.  Also, the don't lock open so I can select.  This is driving me crazy.  Any one else have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't work correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I closed After Effects and re-opend it, and it seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know that it's working correctly now, @VideoRobb

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have another issue with the audio.  When I export audio out of Audition with the correct levels and put the audio track in After Effects, the audio level drops consideralblly in playback and the final render.  By almost half, and that is with turning the level on the audio track all the way up in After Effects.  I have noticed this problem ever since I upgraded to CC2022.

My computer is MacBook Pro 16" 2021, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me ALL the time. Restarting AE seems to fix it every time, thankfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue, and restarting After Effects doesn't help.  It is also inconsistant.  I had two projects today that both had the propblem. So I adjusted the audio in Audition and re-exported it.  I imported it in to AE and this time the audio was way to hot.  The other project I adjusted the audio, re-exported, imported, and it was still to low.  This is becoming very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, @VideoRobb!

Can you share your project file (.aep) with us and the original audio files? We'll test it on our end. 

Thanks,

Rameez 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now can't get past the splash screen. How do I roll back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kazek Lokuciewski

What kind of computer do you have? 

After Effects would freeze on the splash screen mostly due to third-party plugins. If you have any third-party plugins, remove them temporarily and see if it works. 

If you want to roll back to the previous version, here are the instructions: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-do-i-reinstall-a-previous-version-o...

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sorted itself out a few days later. Not sure if there was a tweak at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, @Kazek Lokuciewski

There were no tweaks/updates from Adobe after the 22.4 release. 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have facing so many issues with this 22.4 version, that I uninstall it and install the 22.2.1 which the last steady one.

My problems (I am on WIN10, PC) :

- the first start popin when the app is opened is impossible to close, the click is deactivated, the soft is blocked, the only solution is to open After Fx via a project, then to go in the preference and to prevent this start popin to appear.

- It's impossible to close the app, when a project is loaded. Even with CTRL + ALT + SUPP, so I can try to force via the task manager, it doesn't work, I have to restart the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @gingersylar

Sorry for your issues! The behavior that you're describing is unexpected. 

If you would like to troubleshoot these issues, let me know so that I can suggest some troubleshooting steps. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Rameez: I have version 22.3 but 22.4 does not appear on my CC page, even after refreshing, restarting CC and refreshing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HouHouHou

Thanks for letting me know via DM that your issue has been resolved. 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't open the new version of after effects and gives me this message alert '<78438> <DynamicLink> <5> Increase wait time to 2'... Could you help me with this issue...

Thanks very much,

Best

Mira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mira, 

Which OS are you on? 

Do you have any third-party plugins for After Effects? 

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeorgeCox_0-1653411439128.png

This is popping up when i try opening AE and wont let me launch AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @George Cox

Sorry for your issue! 

Can you share a copy of the crash log here? I'll send it to a developer for inspection. 

Thanks,

Rameez 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines