Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 22.5 refuses to use the default output module

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm facing a problem where After Effects refuses to use the default output module, in fact, it doesn't use any of the output modules. When I add jobs to the render queue "output to" is always set as "not specified yet" thus my rendering extension doesn't work and I always have to set a random output location manually. Is this a known issue or I'm just facing it? It was working just fine before but I had to do a fresh install of Windows and I can't get it fixed now. 

Thanks for any help!

After Effects 22.5.0

Windows 11 with the newest updates

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit/Template/Output Module and make sure that the defaults are properly set up. I always customize mine so I don't have to edit an output module in the Render Queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been testing it a lot of times, the defaults are definitely set up correctly and AE uses the output module that is selected. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I want to achieve is to set "output to" to a default preset set up in the render queue because the output module doesn't allow me to set the destination where I want to render to. AE should set a default destination with any "output to" preset right? Mine isn't selecting any render destination until I do it manually and gives me a "not yet specified" message every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines