• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 23.2 is now available for download!

Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The February 2023 release of After Effects, version 23.2, is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application. This release adds support for OpenColorlO (OCIO) to simplify the ACES workflow. It also contains several stability and performance fixes.

What's New?

OpenColorlO and ACES color management:

Color management in after effects.pngOpenColorIO (OCIO) is a color management solution used primarily in motion picture production that helps enforce a color management methodology required for high-fidelity color imaging. The Academy Color Encoding System (ACES) is a free, open, device-independent color management system that aims to be the filmmaking industry standard for managing color. After Effects enables the ACES workflow by integrating OCIO as a color management engine.

To learn more, visit the OpenColorIO and ACES color management help document.

What's fixed?

• Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash on Windows when using Chinese characters in text layers.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed users to create new C4D layers when Cinema 4D wasn’t installed.
  • Fixed an issue that caused an error when saving the project with a media replacement control and a track matte.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to hang after presenting modal dialogs.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a delay in closing After Effects projects.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when enabling any of the Simulate Output profiles with HW acceleration enabled.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented users from canceling an ongoing import of media files into the project.
  • Fixed an issue that slowed or interrupted CAF processing when Cache Frames When Idle was active.
  • Fixed an issue with Selectable Track Mattes when clicking and dragging on Alpha/Luma/Invert icons didn’t change settings on multiple layers.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented AErender from showing progress with interlaced render settings.

How to update After Effects to version 23.2?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

AE 23.2.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

NOTE: Updates are rolled out in phases. Please check back after a few hours if you don't see the new version in your CC desktop app.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please adobe, I cant move keyframes like this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Roberto Tafuro, Hey @fabian.madco ,

The team has worked on a fix for this issue which is now available in After Effects Beta v23.3 (x36). If you would like to test it and verify that it works, feel free to download the Beta version from your CC desktop app.

Rameez_Khan_0-1676919586978.png

When the team gets a confirmation from users that it works, they will push it in the next After Effects update.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately i'm out of office till sarurday. I'll test it when i go back to my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. I will test it briefly in my free time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this problem is taking too long and needs to be fixed immediately. Why is it taking so long? Why isn't there any response or progress report from Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which issue are you referring to, @Herman25576690jl0v?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues trying to import Animate .fla (v. 23.01) files into After Effects (v. 23.2). I've tryed with different files and the same error message pops up saying "An error occured while importing the file. Try again".
Since the message doesn't say much about what's going on and I'm not really an AE userI don't know how to solve it (I just need it to export my .fla files into usable lottie files). I'll just try to go back to a previous version, hope it works. 
Nontheless, if anyone has any idea on how to solve it without having to go back to a previous version, it will be appreciated. And please work on those error messages, make them informative so we, the users, know what's going on. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ogranet,

We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix. I'll pass on your feedback about the error messages to the team.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having a lot of problems to open my 23.2 apps I re installed and do not opens. It shows the message below.Any idea about how to fix it?

Screen Shot 2023-02-17 at 11.41.13 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @20658629128461375ia9r

This error message is for Premiere Pro. Are you facing the same issue for After Effects as well?
Please add your email address and send us the report whenever it pops up. If you have done that already, I can pull the crash reports from our crash server and investigate them.

Let me know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I got your private message but it won't let me message you back! I hope you can see it here. The next time this happens, please check "Adobe may contact me for fixes and workarounds at..." in the screenshot above. Include your email address! This will ensure that your issue is sent directly to our engineers for future releases.

Now, let's try to get around the installation error! If you create a fresh user account on your Mac and then try to launch 23.2, does it open? Here's how to do that: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

Let us know!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like another super buggy release from Adobe, sigh. Does this new version allow previewing of more than 2 frames on a brand new Macbook M1 Pro with 16GBs of RAM? This is possible in the 2022 version and below. I have mentioned this a few months ago and still can't use the latest version of After Defects because using an animation program without being able to preview your animation is ridiculous!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Thomas25259530bvpq

You should have no problems previewing more than 2 frames on your MacBook Pro. If you could screen-record your experience with the issue, it would help us understand it better.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

Thanks for the quick response.
Here is the screen recording https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzxos1qtivkuf7r/Screen%20Recording%202023-02-21%20at%2008.36.45.mov?dl=0
Please let me know if there is any additional information you need?

Thank you,

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rameez_Khan, have you managed to have a look at this? This also does not work at quarter resolution with the most basic graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, are there any updates on this, it's been more than a week since I posted this problem that makes After Effects unworkable on Macbook Pro M1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanna just say im having the same exact issue on the windows version as well. Been like this for a while now; i'd say about since AE 2023 came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave up on this release. Crashes on saving, crushes on exporting to ME. Downgraded to previous version and all works fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my name is Rich. Is Adobe After Effects compatible to Mac El Capitan, 10.11? Thank you for your help. 

Sincerely,

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update has broken the loading of AE, doesnt go past initalising the mediacore, going to have to downgrade till fixed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

Yet another fail. After Effects is the only application on my system that cannot render out large projects, giving me "ran out of RAM" notifications. Adobe has consistantly found every excuse in the book to push me away from their echo system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm slowly giving up on After Effects. I've being working in AfterEffects for more then 20 years and it is just as slow as 20 years ago. I had it with RAM previews, chache getting full, utterly slow UI, horrible footage and asset previews, so many crashes. What's going on with the dev team?? When are you going to rewrite this program?? I will make the transition to Davinci Resolve and Fusion because it's getting worse and worse with every release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated the version 23.2 but I cannot see anyupdate from OpenColorlO and ACES color management in AE 2022. Anything I can do now? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Adobe products until they actually fix the issues with them. Free or open source alternatives are as reliable or better as AE. Adobe has taken our money but not made any corr improvements to their software. All of their software is buggy and unreliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
I have been waiting for feedback from the 20th of February and still have not heard anything.
2023 does not work on a MacBook Pro M1.
You can only preview about 5 frames at a time, which is completely unworkable for an animation program!

Please can you fix this issue or let us know any workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines