Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 24.5 Mac not launching

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My After Effects 2024 Mac not launching. I have unistalled, reinstalled, Done the Ctrl+Shift+Option when trying to open. Nothing seems to work. 

It gives me the following message: After Effects can't continue. Error while accessing the preference files inside /Users/Ldk/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/24.5. Please verify the permissions and try again. And then After Effects can't continue. An unexpected error has occured and After Effects will now shutdown.

Please check you have the appropriate permissions to launch After Effects as well as read/write access to the After Effects preferences folder. 

Nothing seems to be working. Any advise available?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you try to open After Effects as a safe mode? If you can launch it in safe mode, you check the third-party plug-ins.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you - but I can't even get it to launch in Safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines