Exit

After Effects Alert

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Please help. After Effects keeps quiting after I get this message: 

Schermafbeelding 2022-01-18 om 15.02.00.pngSchermafbeelding 2022-01-18 om 15.03.29.png

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Margreet

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margreet, have you tried creating a new .aep and importing the problematic one instead of directly opening it? Does this happen immediately after opening or only when you try to play back the timeline? If it's the latter, you can try to disable multi-frame rendering from the preferences as a troubleshooting step. This isn't ideal, but it's a first troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

This happens when I open the effect Fractal Noise. Instantly I get this error and get thrown out.

Do you have a solution for this?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I offered two troubleshooting steps above; have you tried either of them yet? This is where I would start first. Additionally, if Fractal Noise seems to be the problem, I would try a brand new project and apply the effect to the solid. If you don't get the error or crash then the issue is likely with your project and I would still try the above suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines