• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects & Media Encoder: Previewing/Exporting stuck at one frame (not rendering frame)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used After Effects and Media Encoder for almost 6 Months.

FIRST PROBLEM

I've been editing in After Effects for Almost 1 whole day to finish my edit (something like 20 hours). Next day I'm done editing and decided to export it on MEDIA ENCODER, then one of the end of my clips were showed up in the preview panel, I waited for 15 minutes thinking it would be done from exporting/rendering. After 30 minutes it was still at that frame! Then I tried to watch tutorials and nothing worked, after that I tried to restart them and my computer again and again but I got frustated it didn't worked.

SECOND PROBLEM

Then when I tried to open my AFTER EFFECTS PROJECT where my edit is in, previewing the video WASN'T WORKING my problems just became two! All of them were just dark grey and the composition aren't even showing and I tried to play them, the time indicator was still there and not moving even a little bit then I tried all the clips not to show (I turned off the eye thing on the left side of the composition panel) and it didn't worked. I tried everything I can but nothing worked😭 Please Help me! Look at the picture below.

I use:

After Effects CC 2020

Media Encoder CC 2020

Please help me! I Highly appreciated your help!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same boring standard answer: Your hardware acceleration isn't working right. You need to update your system's graphics driver and the relevant setting. And not to put too fine a point at it: Your small-ish screenshots already indicate that your computer may not meet the system requirements and this is some sort of not so great laptop, presumably, so that definitely may be part of the problem.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it does this to me and I have to export direclty from AE instead of ME. AE will export just fine but when it goes to ME it will cause an error. Dont ask me why. I dont know. The new universe plugins did this for me and I had to roll back one version. I also roleld AE back to 18.1. Everything working fine now. SLOW but fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The grey screen thing happened to me on the newest AE version too. 8.1 rollback might help you out try it. It might save you a headache like it did me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines