I cannot get Adobe After Effects and Maxon Cinema 4D Lite to work together. I’ve successfully used them together in previous versions. Here is a summary:
- I am running Adobe After Effects Build 23.2.1 on Mac OSX Monterey 12.6.3
- When I open After Effects and the “AEGP Plugin Cineware - General Error (5027::12)” message is displayed. I click OK and After Effects finishes loading. (see screenshot 1)
- I have verified that my Cinema 4D Lite license is valid and activated.
- I have verified that After Effects is pointed to the Cinema 4D 2023 app. (screenshot 2)
- I can launch Cinema 4D Lite (C4DL) from After Effects. C4DL functions as expected, (except for importing Adobe Illustrator files, but that’s another issue.)
- I can save work in C4DL as .c4d files. This will load back into After Effects. However, they will not display and trigger the General Error (5027::12) message.
It seems the After Effects cannot find a plugin? I searched the app folders. In the “Maxon Cinema 4D 2023” folder I found sdk.zip folder and unzipped it in hopes of discovering the errant plugin. No success. (screenshot 3)
How can I resolve this issue?