Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects and Mocha problem

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when working simultaneously with After Effects and Mocha (versions 2022 - 22.6.0 - AE and 9.0.4 Mocha) I cannot open the window with After Effects and I can't minimize the window that is opened in Mocha. When I click to open the window with After Effects it states that "Mocha is starting...", but Mocha is already launched. So I cannot use After Effects, while Mocha is working. If I track something in Mocha I have to exit the program, which is inconvenient. 

After Effects immediately minimizes when window is opened (it stays launched but minimized in taskbar window in the bottom). Its not frozen/crashed, if I close Mocha, AE works without the need for restart or whatever. It basically just doesn't recognize Mocha is launched for some reason...

Moderation notice: Moved to Discussions. Not a bug. Technical issue.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info we can't realyl tell you much. To me this simply sounds like something on your system is blocking the necessary virtual socket connections and/ or your system's underlying communication routines are not recognizing the different apps correctly. Either way, you have to be more specific. If it's an option, you can try to check this under a different user account or with escalated user privileges (as admin, basically), but anything more wil lrequire more details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mocha "freezes" After Effects while it is open. This is not an error but the way it works. As soon as you save your mocha project and quit Mocha, AE will continue working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines