• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects 'auto trace' crash problem

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so this afternoon I was working on a project and I needed to auto trace something in order to apply a plugin to a shape layer called 'saber' however as soon as I clicked auto trace my after effects decided to freeze, then after a little bit my screen went black then the next thing I saw was this image.. I've then re installed ae and even upgraded to after effects cc 2018 whilst i was at it. I opened ae and did a test run and tried to trace something again and it did the exact same thing even on the 2018 version!! would anyone have a clue at to how i fix/stop this from happening?

thanks

- DestopiiaBS.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE :

The problem has now gotten even worse so now that when I try open any previous projects my screen goes black and it crashes.. any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you tracing?   There's nothing in your timeline but two solids.

Also you've given no information as to your system hardware, software, workflow, experience with auto trace etc...

With the information you've provided my only suggestion is to make sure your caches are empty and your computer has enough free memory

Based on you previous posts I have to assume that you have very little experience.

You try to do stuff and and have a hard time.

You ask for help.

And then at some point you just stop responding.

Then a week later your back with another vague question about something totally different.

If you don't follow up or follow through in answering peoples question,

eventually people are going to stop investing their time in trying to help you.

BTW uninstalling and reinstalling should not be your first course of action when you run into a problem.

Depending on the state of your system itself, things can go wrong & get worse

If you can no longer open after effects then I suggest you contact adobe support

here Contact Customer Care

It might be necessary to give a technician remote access to your machine so they can try to gather the information necessary to

diagnose your problem.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutter-Fish Correct, I do have very little experience and wouldn't know, know where near as much as the people that roam the forums and help the people..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to auto trace?

Is it an image against a transparent back ground?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issues Destopia? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Kevin I am having the same problem please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines