• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Camera Tracker Error : "Unable to Obtain Dynamic Link Server connection"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a simple solution for the error message "Unable to obtain Dynamic Link server connection" when using AE Camera Tracker?  I'm not using any Dynamic Links.

I've been seeing posts for this problem for the last 7 years.  This ongoing problem should have been solved by now.

Tried :  Starting with a new project, Allocating more Ram to other Software, empty cache, and adding After Effects to security permissions.  These haven't worked.

Does upgrading After Effects solve the problem? 

Running:  AE version 17.5 Build 47

Intel MacBook Pro 16" 32 Gig ram

2.3 ghz 8 core i9

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Mac OSX Catalina

Thanks for sharing

tbmotion

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, probably the same unsatisfying answers you don't want to hear: Just keep trying! OS X is getting more screwy with every release and so is AE. Upgrading therefore might not solve anything because neither Apple nor Adobe have got their act together. Perhaps you have outdated entries in your Keychain that block network stuff, perhaps you need to scrap your network and rebuild it from scratch, perhaps it's just some weird permissions issue on a single file somewhere. Impossible to know. At least try to create a new user and run AE from there, possibly also reinstalling it under this new account.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Much respect Mylenium... I have gained much knowledge from your tutorials.  This is pathetic that Adobe hasn't solved this problem.  Bottom line is, who has time to dig into all these possible solutions when you're working on a job with a deadline.  Thankfully, I still have Camera Tracker working on my old laptop system.

I'm not sure what "Outdated entries on the Keychain" is but i'll look that up.

thanks for your time,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines