After effects can't connect to Media Encoder

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have recently updated my creative cloud to the 2019 version. I know have that problem that After Effects won't export through Media Encoder. When i click Export > Add to Adobe Media Encoder, the Media encoder opens up, but there isn't anything that i can begin export. The Media Encoder works fine with Premiere Pro.

Does anyone know how to connect or re-connect the Media Encoder to after effects?

Best regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019
Ok, this works for me, I've tried and it works.Unable to Export After Effects Composition using Adobe Media Encoder

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I uninstall the old version? Creative Cloud says I only have the most recent AME installed but I see the old versions files on my PC. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

default97zkm600m4ey_0-1636492677447.png

Hei there! I just ran into the same problem, with the exception that I stopped an ongoing render in AME and only after that AME couldn't read any AE projects, although it did that minutes before. (Running AE and AME 2022 - 9 Nov 2021).

After doing all the steps suggested to use the Cleaner Tool and make a clean reinstall of AME, I noticed in my Activity Monitor (Running a macOS) a proces called aerendercore that was not responding. I double clicked and then clicked Quit and it worked fine afterwards. Didn't need to reinstall. Hope this works in the future for any of you that encounter the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! after like a week. You have to uninstall the lastest version and go back to the previous one for more ME and AE. I was using the 2022 for both and I had to go back to the 2021 and it works now. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines