• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects can't continue: The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded.

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I was hoping somebody could help. I keep getting this error message when trying to open After Effecs:

"After Effects can't continue: The Common Extensibility Platform (CEP) suite couldn't be loaded. You may need to reinstall" 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless of times and nothing seems to be helping.

Wondering if anybody has been able to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

I was able to solve this issue by going into another user account.  That sure is better than doing a factory reset.  I hadn't used the second account for much - you can just try to make another user account and see if it works.  
It suddenly stopped working and I wasn't sure if it was because Adobe did an automatic update that was huge because of AI.  Even uninstalling and installing older versions couldn't fix this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the After Effects forum from Get Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue. I see that you are not able to launch After Effects.

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? What is the exact version of After Effects are you using? https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Please try the suggestions mentioned in the following post and let us know if it helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/the-common-extensibility-platform-cep-suite-couldn-t-be...

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Version 17.1 of After Effects; Windows 10. After Effects is installed on my work computer; I am not able to run the program as an administrator. Is there another workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response.

Can you try creating a new user account on your computer and see if it worked fine in it?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading Version 22 of After Effects caused it not to load with the message "After Effects can't continue the common extensibility platform (cep) suite couldn't be loaded. May need to be reinstalled". After reinstalling multiple times I found on forums that running it as an administrator was the only thing that fixed it. Unfortunately this is a work computer and I do not have administrator rights so that is not an option. Nor is creating a new user account (something only an administrator can do). I have had to reinstall a previous version for it to work, Please let me know if another solution ever is found. Or better, if the problem is ever fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem running after effects on Work PC where users do not have admin rights.
Does this have anything to do with the software measures the hardware of the machine?

My machine only runs with 8GB ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola la solución fue mas sencilla de lo que esperaba, resulta que yo tenia una carpeta llamada adobe en mi documentos de la mac y tenia otras cosas dentro de ella, por lo cual le cambie el nombre y cree otra carpera llamada "adobe" completamente nueva y verifique los permisos, y a todos los usuarios le di permisos completos y listo magicamente se abrio el after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to solve this issue by going into another user account.  That sure is better than doing a factory reset.  I hadn't used the second account for much - you can just try to make another user account and see if it works.  
It suddenly stopped working and I wasn't sure if it was because Adobe did an automatic update that was huge because of AI.  Even uninstalling and installing older versions couldn't fix this error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines