after effects - can't re-import a corrected audio file. Old one just hangs around

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is weird. I use text to voice audio for online training modules. They are .mp3 files. If I import an audio file into after effects, decide I need to make a correction, and import the corrected .mp3 file, After Effects won't replace the audio track with the corrected version. Even though I've deleted the original, import the corrected version, the playback in both the time line and the previewer are the old audio file. I've tried purging cache and memory, saving, closing and reopening the project. The only two fixes for this are to delete the origin audio file,close and reopen after effects then import the corrected version, or rename the  corrected audio file and then import it.

Not a big deal, just a pain in the workflow...

TOPICS
Audio , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try right clicking and reloading the audio file in the project panel after your changes. This should help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines