Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Professional 

Intel Xeon E5-2620 v4

Asus X99-M WS

GTX 1080TI

64GB INASTALLED RAM

Hello to evreybody and sorry for my bad english. I've reply in this thread too https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-2021-18-2-0-takes-forever-to-... but it seems that from 18.0.2 to 18.4.2 After Effects won't close. And it is a bit annoying because i can't work on my pc untill AE quits. From the thread that i've linked, it seems that we all have a GeForce 1080TI. I have latest drivers installed.

I've noticed that AE will not remember my last used workspace too.

I've made a short video (sorry for the KBar issue) that shows how long it takes to close (for a project with layers it takes forever) and the workspace issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything...but i don't want to format my pc!

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

It happens even with AE fresh install (no plugins and no scripts installed) and after rebuilding preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roberto Tafuro,

Sorry for your issue.

Have you tried changing/downgrading the GPU driver? Also, would you mind testing it in a new user account on your computer?

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Nishu for the reply!

I'll try to uninstall and install again CC apps in a new user account. I'll try to roll back video drivers, but i don't know how far back i've to go 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu. Unfortunately the problem persists even with old drivers a new account. I've installed the beta version, in tialian, and i found that the problem is not present. I've tried to install beta in English, and i have a crash when closing...i don't if it's related to my italian windows and english version of AE. But even in beta, i can't save my layout. Everytime i open AE, beta or not, the workspace is reset to default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu. I menaged to solve the problem. The only way was to create a new account, delete the old, remove all CC programs with the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reinstall all again. 

Thank you so much for the support.

Best regards,

Roberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It don't matter how many times I do as the person did in earlier comments I have been haveing troble closeing After Effects for a long time!! I thought the new version 2022 would solve this problem. But noooo it take 2 to 3 minutes to close. And an error message when it does close telling me to send an error report!! NOT that Adobe ever looks at those error reports Adobe is getting pretty jankee! And they go a whole year without addressing problems and then quickly release a new version that don't slove any problebs but adds more!! If this is the result of new graphics card drivers WHY don't Adobe Adress these problems.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines