• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Changing Files Mid Way of Animation

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm facing a peculiar problen on AE that I've never dealt with before. The animation that I'm working on changes the images/files towards the end (as you can see the circles are solid and then they become outlines). 

I'm using AI layers to put this animation together. The outline version is from another AI file but I don't see how it is connected with the current AE project I'm working on now. I'm not able to figure out if this project is somehow linked to the other AI file. 

Thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific info about your AI artwork, screenshots of your timelien and so on we can't tell you much. Looks perfectly normal if one were to assume that there are complex interactions of the paths in the artwork. and that very likely is the answer - you may have to re-oraganize the structure of the AI file and/or the layers and shapes created from it in AE to reproduce the intended look.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached the screenshots! If you can see where the Current Time Indicator is, at 14f it is good until that point. In the other screenshot at 15f, it changes to the outlines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a sceenshot of your Ae timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, none of your other layers appear to have any proper animation or trimming, so I'm pretty sure you're simply seeing your other layers popping in. Anyway, your screenshots still don't tell us much. You need to reveal the other layers' properties as well and then perhaps someoen can make sense of what's going on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the screenshots you posted below:
The icons on your layers look like image sequences - which is why they say filename[1-2].ai. 

Because of the way you imported these, After Effects thinks it's a piece of footage, and not an actual Illustrator file. 

Select the asset in your Project panel, right-click: Replace Footage > File

Navigate to the original file and make sure when you select your .ai file, that you UNCHECK any indicator marked "image sequence."

Because your files end with a number, AE assumed it was an image sequence. Sometimes helpful, but sometimes very confusing if you don't know that's what happened!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines