• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Composition washes out color when linked back to Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I ran into an issue when passing video clips from Premiere to After Effects. I had a clip I wanted to add graphics to, so I right clicked the clip and clicked "replace with After Effects composition" to push it to After Effects to edit.

After finishing the composition in After Effects, I saved the .aep file and switched back to Premiere to continue editing, but I noticed immediately when I switched back to Premiere that the color grading on the clip edited in After Effects was noticably worse. It appeared washed out and there didn't seem to be an easy way to edit the color in Premiere to be reverted to the orignal color grading (to my very limited knowledge of color grading, at least).

I didn't edit any color settings or do any color grading between importing the clip into After Effects and saving the composition and using Premiere again. Does anyone know what the issue could be here? I've been trying to figure out what happened exactly for the past couple hours to no avail. I've attached two different files that showed the difference between the color on other clips in the timeline and the color on the After Effects composition imported into Premiere in case you need them. colorbeforeae.png shows the color on other clips in Premiere that haven't been changed by After Effects, and colorafterae.png shows what the color looked like when the .aep file was linked back to Premiere. Thanks!

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alisha,

Thanks for writing in.

We'd need the following details to get a better understanding of what's happening:

• What's the version of Premiere Pro and After Effects you're using?
  • What are the details of the footage (frame rate, frame size, format/codec, Color Space)? Right-click on the footage in Premiere Pro and select Properties. It'll open the Properties panel with all the details. Please share a screenshot.
  • Did you apply any kind of color correction in Premiere Pro or After Effects?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Asegúrate de que After Effects tenga ajustado el mismo espacio de color de Premiere Pro, porque como creaste un proyecto de After Effects y luego lo insertaste en Premiere Pro tal vez se creó con un espacio de color diferente. A menos que estés trabajando con uno en concreto por lo general está ajustado en sRGB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines