• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects could not show layers of Ai file

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing an AI file that contains layers into After Effects I get the new Comp and I see just one AI file icon. I can't figure out why my layers are not coming in. 

Pranita5E3D_0-1629371986578.png

I want all this layers of Ai as shown below :

Pranita5E3D_1-1629372047451.png

Anyone got some ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Maybe this will help. I clearly show how to separate objects into layers and then import the AI file as a composition. The design may have nothing to do with your project but the workflow does.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the After Effects forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see that all the elements in your Illustrator file are contained within one layer - Layer 1.  The elements aren't layers.

You need to seperate each element into individual Illustrator layers before you import to AE.  

Select your layer in the layer window, and use the layer menu to choose "Release to layers". 

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 11.06.34 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sir,

I did the changes as per your instructions, but still same problem facing. Could you please help me for what to do next? 

Pranita5E3D_1-1629384663490.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help. I clearly show how to separate objects into layers and then import the AI file as a composition. The design may have nothing to do with your project but the workflow does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sir for this workflow now it's working on my project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rick Gerard Thank you!! I've been searching for anweswers and your video helped me got the layers showing up on my AE right away!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines