Exit

After Effects crash on startup

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I can't get AE to work. Everytime I lounch it I get this message

Tymek5FB0_1-1623414952019.png

I've been resetting my PC, reinstalling it but nothing is working.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Sorry for the issue. We can get this checked. 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

My spec: Windows 10 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.60 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 1160 6GB.

Adobe After Effects 2021 v.18.2.1

I can't send any crash log because there are none. There is no "logs" folder. After pressing "OK" in popup window I've shown earlier, Ae just does not respond. When I close it there are no way to send information about Ae crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, Tymek5FB0.

I discussed this with the After Effects Engineers. They are looking for some more details:

1. System info file from your computer: https://www.simplehow.tips/a/44/how-to-view-system-information-on-windows10 
  2. Collect and share the Dump file while the error is on the screen: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/12401

Here's how you can share: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html 

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If After Effects crashes on startup, you need to skip to Fix 2 to update your graphics driver first. To disable GPU acceleration: Launch After Effects and go to Edit > Preferences > Display…. Untick the box next to Hardware Accelerate Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels.

Thanks and Best Regards:

Windows Club

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines