• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashes and hitting RESET on Lumetri Color settings

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If you hit the Reset button on Lumetri Color, it crashes After Effects with this notice: After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "Lumetri Color".

It happens on both of my Macs running After Effects 2023.

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.25.30 AM.png

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terry5FF7,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Could you share more details? What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Does it happen in all the projects? Could you try on a new project? Also, could you share a screen recording of the issue? I tried to reproduce the issue on my end but After Effects worked fine.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 8.25.24 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with all projects. I just created a new project, added 1 .mp4 clip (also tried it with a .jpg, .png and .mov), added Lumetri Color effect. Before I made any changes to Lumetri, I hit RESET and it crashed.

I tried it with an old project from 2020 (opened in After Effects 2023) and it did the same thing.

It has the same problem on our older 2013 MacPro running After Effects 2023 so it's not unique to just one machine.

It fails 100% of the time. I cannot send a screen recording but I'm sure you can imaging what it looks like when I click RESET and immediatly this pops up:

Screen Shot 2022-10-25 at 8.25.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does After Effects generate any crash logs? Do you use any third-party plug-ins that are installed on both of your machines? Please try the following:

Go to File > Projects Settings > change the video renderer to Mercury Software Only.

Go to Preferences > Display > uncheck Hardware Accelerator Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels.

Let us know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it generated a crash report. I've tried to attach it but when I do, I get this notice: "The attachment's f27685a3-5c78-4999-a0d4-c2c774ac5528 copy.txt content type (text/plain) does not match its file extension and has been removed."

I do not use any third-party plug-ins.

Changed to Mercury Software Only. Still crashes.

Unchecked Hardware Accelerator... Still crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nishu_kush 

You haven't responded in 12 days. Can you please provide more info on this issue. I'm not the only one this is happening to.

Is there something else you'd like me to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here along with a coworker.  M1 machines and desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terry5FF7 & MB85,

Really sorry for the late response.

Try copying and pasting the crash report here. Also, if you get the crash reporter after the crash, provide your email id and submit the report so that we can access it at our end.

In the meantime, do you mind creating a new admin account, signing into it and see if After Effects crashes?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me how to copy & paste a crash report. I've spent 30 minutes online looking for instructions on how to do this and none of the ones I've found work.

When the application crashes, which is 100% of the time I click RESET on the Lumetri Color settings, it crashes. When I choose "View report" from the "Sorry, an error has occured", it creates a file called 'd4a4ae9a-1898-4735-931b-366edfa8a16d.dmp', but I cannot open it.

I am not willing to creat a new admin account. This issue is happening on 2 different Mac Pros (2013 & 2019) in my office and I'm not wasting more time troubleshooting Adobe issues. I already spent too much of my time online trying to resolve Adobe issues that turn out to be an Adobe problem and has nothing to do with my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Terry,
Sorry you are experiencing this issue with the application and thank you for taking the time to provide additional details about the issue and any crash reports you have submitted. 

We were able to find a crash report referencing this posting in our systems and are able to reproduce in house. We are currently investigating a fix, and hope to have it available soon. I will add this link to the bug ticket and will update here when it is in beta as well as release.

Thank you again for your time.

All the best,
Jessica McMillan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Terry and others following this post,

I should have posted back in December, but the 23.1.0 release should have fixed issues with Lumetri + resetting Lumetri. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

All the best,
Jessica McMillan
AE Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines