• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashes on start u "Cleaning Up" phase

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects was working fine, then it crashes, now I can't open the program.  While starting up, after effects freezes during "Cleaning Up" phase of start up.  Sometimes it is "Anywhere" and sometime, it is during a different part of the "Cleaning Up" phase.  Once stuck, I have to force quit AE, but even that is slow, and leaves a white box on my screen where the starup screen was. 

I have completely uninstalled all adobe programs, but the same issue happens when I reinstalled the program.  My After Effects 2020 is up to date, my drivers are up to date, my OS is up to date.  I am using Windows 10.  What would cause it to just stop working and how do I fix it?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info and details from the crash logs we can't tell you much, but the behavior you describe points at either being extremely low on memory or the usual graphics driver crashes. In the latter case start by updating the drivers and experimenting with the settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response.  My drivers were all up to date, and I have 32 GB of RAM.

Intel core i7 - 5820k @ 3.30 GHz

32 GB Ram

Windows 10 (up to date)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (Drivers up to date)

I'm not sure how to get a crash log, but a new update to the problem...  if I open after effects, leave my computer running, go to bed, it might be working in the morning.  So the "Cleaning up" phase of the start up either crashes, or takes hours to pass.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Did you fix this????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, and i locate mine is when i tried to install minecraft using a minecraft ON regstry which turns off the ClipSVC services. what i do is, use the Minecraft OFF registry and start the ClipSVC back again and then it suddenly recovers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines