• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashes when opening a Specific Project

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone and first of all thank you for your time!

I'm working since yesterday on a After Effects Project for a university submission. The file never gave me any headaches and I could open/close it multiple times without any problems. I was at "almost" finished point, rendered it to showcase to my groupmates and shut down my computer for a couple hours - when I came back to finish the last touches After Effects began giving me problems: Each time I try to open this particular project it crashes.

Then I thought It was that I haven't updated my AE in a while, did that and same thing happened.

I had a old version of macOS Sierra so I updated it again, but didn't get any results.

Went on the internet and read about Purging "Disk Cache and Memory" (which I never did since I downloaded AE, and got rid of a lot of GB worth of stuff) but again I had the same problem.

Then lastly I tried to open a couple AutoSaves I had but it crashes every single time. Again, this only happens with this particular project - the other ones (although aren't as heavy) work just fine and before the shut down of the computer I didn't stumble in any problem.

For Reference:

My Macbook info:

Schermata 2018-12-05 alle 00.38.30.png

AE Error:

Schermata 2018-12-05 alle 00.47.00.png

The whole message is extremely long but if need I can post it!

Thank you to anyone for your time, it's really appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Victory! Almost the moment I finished writing this post, Adobe Creative Cloud issued new updates. I updated AE to version 16.0.1 and it opens now. Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try maby open that project in new one

1. Create new clean project

2. Import project causing crashes into that new one.

3. If project open without crash - save that project as a new one.

In most cases that should help. Let us know.

6.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't happen - As soon as I imported the project it crashed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue trying to open a project I just was working on yesterday and today it crashes After Effects when I try to open it. I've purged memory and cache and tried importing the project into a new (clean) project and it just crashes again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victory! Almost the moment I finished writing this post, Adobe Creative Cloud issued new updates. I updated AE to version 16.0.1 and it opens now. Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I am using adobe 17.5 and the same thing happening again and again but importing in a different project helped me. hoping that 18.0 can fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx! Work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this actually helped me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines