• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects crashing when Importing footage and files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem since I got 2017 CC in November, but I didn't say anything cause I thought they were going to fix this. Yes I did reinstall After effects multiple times.

After effects crashing problem - YouTube

after effects crashing problem - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Adobe CC Cleaner tool when you uninstalled? If not, the files that typically cause this sort of thing weren't removed, and were used again on re-installation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

I recommend using this to do the complete job of uninstall & cleaning, though the included instructions say uninstall with the OS tool first. It's worked much better for me when I do everything with this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will it remove any plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if they're installed elsewhere, outside of the Program file location ... what it does is completely remove all the preference & startup files for the app in question beside the program file stuff. Which does mean that if say you've got custom keyboard shorts or something like that saved, maybe custom workspaces, it's good to find the old preferfences file (oft in something like "User/appdata/roaming/Adobe" or something like that), and rename the folder prior to running the uninstaller.

If you can find that folder, you might just rename it with AfterEffects closed, re-start Ae, and see if it works better. If not ... do a full kill the beast routine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markus,

Are you still crashing since the update? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it still happening, youd expect the problem to be fixed after paying $600 a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines